The safety of your workers starts with well maintained equipment. We offer forklift maintenance and repairs ensuring that your equipment can be up and running in no time and always be in perfect operating order.
Broken or poorly maintained equipment is not only dangerous, but can cost your company thousands due to accidents, mistakes or low productivity. When equipment breaks down, you need to know that you can rely on a company to fix it speedily and in a professional manner. As such you can trust Elite as a company with years of experience in forklift repairs to do a professional job.
Some of the normal maintenance and forklift repairs start with basic checking:
- Checking of engine performance by paying close attention to any unusual noises, smoking, compression levels, leaks and visual discrepancies.
- The vehicle is driven forward and backward to assess whether any slipping occurs.
- The wheels and tyres are checked.
- The gauges must be checked as well as all the safety warning lights.
- All lights are checked for correct operation.
- The drive axle must be visually inspected and assessed whether it needs to be greased.
- Battery operation must be checked including the terminals, cables, and connectors.
- The cell caps must be checked and an assessment made whether there is enough water in the battery cells for correct operation.
- Oil drainage must take place at the correct intervals. It will include oil filter changing, transmission, fuel, air and hydraulic filter checking and replacement.
- Anti-freeze in the cooling system must be filled to the correct level.
- The bulbs may need replacement from time to time or loose wiring needs to be reconnected.
- Exhaust systems must be visually checked for any signs of cracks and if need be the exhaust system must be repaired.
- The steering system must be checked
The above are just a few of the forklift checks which should be performed. We offer an experienced team that will be able to identify the source of a problem and fix it. You will receive a written quote and the guarantee of quality workmanship.